About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Update: A week ago, I mentioned a book entitled Grand Old Party: A History of The Republicans by Lewis L. Gould, noting in part that it did not really "explain" the origin of the elephant party symbol. As I noted below, Mr. Gould was kind enough to email me to both thank me for the good review and to remind me that he "did try to explain the origins of the symbol of the elephant on page xii of the book and in the Nash cartoon of the donkey and the elephant that is also included." Also, that the story was summarized partly for space reasons. By "explain" I meant why was the elephant and donkey in particular chosen (see here), but I appreciate the chance to clarify my remarks.

Any subject/target of my musings is always welcomed to email me thanks, clarifications, criticisms, and so forth.

Have a nice New Year All!