About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Monday, April 26, 2004

Congrats to the launching of The Interested Observer ... good luck! Her first post suggests what I have been suggesting for a while -- let's allow Castro protect the rights of the Gitmo detainees. We don't have ultimate sovereignty after all; it's not just because we are ignoring the rights of the detainees. btw it's sure to be about politics and law, so for now, I put it basically in the middle of the two categories.

Politics: I took a quickie political quiz; the results can be found here. I include a range, since a few questions could have gone either way. A fuller quiz can be found here. Suffice to say, I'm on the borderline of libertarian and left/liberal. Seems about right. As to politics, I discuss 10 hypocritical attacks on Kerry and touch upon a possible plan of attack here. It turned into a religious debate. Worthwhile, and I thank my two sparring partners.