About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, April 17, 2004




Wonkette hits the NYT



This Guy Is Our President?: After a bad baseball afternoon (for NY and Chicago, that is), I offer a few sundry remarks. Brad DeLong uses a perhaps too perfect (and some say a bit apocryphal, but so fitting) story as a prelude to a sentiment I'm feeling more and more these days -- "Never yet has a grownup looked me in the eye and said, 'George W. Bush is qualified to be President of the United States.'" Oh, some claim to think so, but deep down, I really wonder if they truly think so. His father, heck, you thought so. You might oppose his politics or the tactics of his family, but he was qualified. I'm sorry -- this guy is not. [more]

Talking about not qualified, I read a pretty unconvincing anti-gay marriage essay in the New Republic recently. Such articles get me talking to the author, since I get annoyed at their reasoning abilities. I transformed this into a more um sane dialogue by writing comments to each of his "points." You can see what I came up with here.

Have a nice weekend, all.