About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Monday, May 10, 2004

Odds and ends

I'm experimenting with new looks ... the current one is the second in as many days. The template changes involve some alterations in dimensions, so certain pre-May 2004 entries will have irregular borders and such. My apologies.

A quick video/DVD recommendation: The Dish, a charming Australian film based on true events surrounding the satellite dish that was involved in the 1969 moon landing. It has an excellent period feel to it, though I leave it to those who remember the times to be the best judge of how accurate it truly is.

For a light hearted story, see here. I also liked this entertainment piece on Andy Richter, Conan O'Brien's old sidekick, including his take on the television business: "You are not making gourmet food. You're making cheeseburgers," he says. "I'm fine with that, I just want to make good cheeseburgers. I don't want to make a lousy cardboard, lukewarm imitation."

If only more people in the business thought that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!