About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Things



No wild cards won this weekend, which means NY did not win, though the Giants had a more respectable time of it than the Jets. The Jets did a pretty good job ... until the Fourth Quarter. The Giants did just enough to lose at the buzzer (quite literally), but a 8-8 team will almost take that in the playoffs. Well, Tiki still has the Pro Bowl.

I was checking over the NYT part of the time the Jets game was on -- nothing special, but some skim material. For instance, some Oscar picks -- many which I do not plan to see, Clean (a drug addiction movie in which Nick Nolte plays the respectable reliable adult character) was good though. And, yes, Little Miss Sunshine, which I watched on DVD.

Meanwhile, there is a new show on HGTV (Sundays at 10 EST) called "Living With Ed" (Begley Jr., the environmentalist actor, a true believer). Seems cute, if a bit forced (well, such is life without good writers*) -- his more "ordinary" wife is named Rachelle Carson. Well, that's a gimmee. Tamara was on late Friday Night, a good time for a horror movie, especially a somewhat lame over one. Even later, which seems to be normal, D.E.B.S. was on last night ... this is a light spy spoof about teen girl spies in training, one who hooks up with an evil mastermind, who is deep down a lesbian aching for true love. Cute, a bit thin. I saw most of it in the past, probably switching channels along the way.

Epiphany (Jan. 6) is really the end of the Xmas season, so as the day ended, I took down my little tree and the decorations. The holiday is not completely over, however, when you still have unused gift cards. Also, when I put the little tree away, I had to move a set of knives that I was given like last year** (someone else won them, or something, and didn't need them). So, if vampires or something invaded my place, a set is readily available on the counter in their nice wooden stand.

Always prepared.

---

* Editors are good too. Definitely.

** This always sounds more in the distant past later in the year, doesn't it?