About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, February 09, 2018

Lady Bird

Prime reason I saw this film when and where I did was the discount price since $13.50 to $15 for a film without carfare is too much for me. Felt it was very good in various respects, especially the lead, but did not find is as really really good as its reputation. The mom was a bit over the top for me and the episodic quality at times had me bored. In the field of character studies, this is not somehow unique though the teen lead, mom and female director and Catholic school location together is a plus. NYC conclusion seemed tacked on.

DVD ETA: I enjoyed, though it started off really laying it on thick that "she's a bitch," Happy Death Day. It's a sort of horror movie Groundhog's Day, which was lampshaded late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!