About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, February 28, 2020

NY Plastic Bag Ban

I have a few reusable bags including a special plastic one that is supposed to be able to be reused over 100x and also used to repeatedly say "no, don't need one" since my shoulder bag held a lot. But, it got tedious. The gray bags at the Dollar Store was good to use for Ebay book sale wrapping and Rite Aid bags for recyclables. Had a lot anyways and am just one person though the supermarket near me (and the library!) has a bin to recycle bags.

But, the new law starts in March and will see how things go. The fee for paper bags goes to a good cause, but if someone pays over $50 or whatever, stores are petty to charge the nickel. Other than harder to hold when I take a bunch of bags in for my mom once a month, not sure how this really affects me much. As to how much it will help, can do something for a city this large. Plus, it's helpful for the average person to do things so they are part of the solution. It's hard to quantify but it seems in a big picture sort of way it will affect minds and the public good. Anyway, gives me a chance to use my bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!