About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Monday, March 09, 2020

Friends: Season Nine


Running out of Friends -- was going to wait a bit longer, but needed comfort food. What? Will I have to improve my life? The season starts somewhat weakly but it gets better, especially the Christina Applegate Thanksgiving episode for which she won an Emmy (not Emma). Phoebe having a serious relationship also works. Some tired moments, but the gang is still great. I wrote this with the final quarter to be seen but think I'm safe in saying that.

ETA: I basically hold to this though as with the double episode finale in Season 8, think the finale is too padded to extend to a double episode. The table tennis game alone easily could have been removed. OTOH, David was great -- like Janice, he was a great repeat player. Also, the romantic goings on, including a new love interest, had less bite than a marriage, Monica/Chandler [Rachel/Joey was not going to have staying power] or a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!