About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Some Further Reading



Various things of interest led to my .02, generally among other worthwhile comments.

Book Review: Michael Kinsley is on a "contrariness" kick, a usual "liberal media" technique, often resulting in stupid comments. I address one here, mainly because this sort of thing annoys me -- a little bit of due diligence can avoid such things. They are paying these people, right? I know, it is likely only a small stipend, but come on!

Transgender Option Rejected: I toss in more like my .10 on this issue here. The other posts are well worth reading too. My main thought here is that the kneejerk feeling comes off as woefully simplistic, thus at times making the more deeper complications harder to address. I really don't know the numbers here, but surely, some people's interests are fundamentally addressed here. The "fake" sentiment, therefore, points to the hill that must be climbed.

Possible Senate Issue: A health scare has put Democratic control of the Senate in question before it even has begun. It is too premature to determine what will happen, especially since the senator is in no way compelled to resign. And, who knows what a popular election -- required in November -- would bring. Still, why not think about the Seventeenth Amendment implications. I commented as well, largely in response to a true believer sort that I admit annoys me with what seems to be wrong-minded one track mindness. These sorts are getting on my nerves these days.

Also: Okay, so the transfat regulation probably is not really a major liberty concern. And, look, it's Elizabeth Edwards again!. Good to see that some think HC won't get there for reasons akin to my own. [She responds in the thread.] The junior senator from the Midwest also had a pretty good announcement about his leanings for the future ... that is, his support for the Chicago Bears. I also hear he wants to keep Rex as QB.

Finally, since my mom's dog has such a sensitive stomach, and doesn't like bones too much, I figured why not donate to a charity in her name? Humane Society, etc. Sure she would approve. Fluffy thinks outside of the box. [Okay, not really.]