About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Monday, May 06, 2019

Rachel Held Evans (RIP)

I saw reference of her death at age 37 (two very young children) and it was followed by a slew of sadness and praise for this progressive evangelical voice (a thing). I was not familiar with her but checking her online writing and Youtube videos suggests why. With all the negativity out there regarding religious matters, much well earned, voices like her are fundamental. To underline it, people expressed how wonderful she was as a person and helper professionally.

ETA: She was a fan of Game of Thrones, which I do not watch. Checked out the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (graphic novel) and liked some aspects. It's much darker (see what happens to Harvey alone!) than the cutesy t.v. show on years back. But, don't like the raised from the dead plot much. Sabrina also isn't enough in charge of the story for my liking.