About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

RIP Justice John Paul Stevens

In 2005, a year before his death, Ford wrote, in a tribute to Stevens, “For I am prepared to allow history’s judgment of my term in office to rest (if necessary, exclusively) on my nomination thirty years ago of John Paul Stevens to the U.S. Supreme Court.” Fair.

I took a break from reading his autobiography (he just got on the Court) and saw he died. ETA: The book is pretty good though the court years was too much about cases; needed more snapshots of being a justice, behind the scenes stuff. Also, he talks about his childhood and pre-court years but little about his married life. Nearly nothing about his first wife (over thirty years married) though more references of his second. Few comments about his kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!