About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

"Never Forget"

I'm not really a fan of this saying in regards to 9/11 in part that it is hard to imagine we really forgot though I guess it is something put out of our mind. The 18th year anniversary, a full adult, is perhaps notable as will be the 20th. I also, particularly as a lifetime NYC resident, have been annoyed about people using the saying to support some perversion such as anti-Muslim talk or bad policy. And/or using it against a person as if they "forgot" or something. "Everything" didn't change either. I took the subway home that afternoon. Yes, it was a "before" and "after" moment in some ways. Not even that in some ways for many as compared to other key historical events. We are still at war in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!