About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Odds and Ends: I have a debate with someone over the proper safeguards in enemy detainees cases and so forth here.

I saw Mean Girls, which some are calling a latter day Heathers. I liked the latter (along with Pump Up The Volume, the 'R' rating of which led me to write a letter to my local paper, the first time I was published other than in the high school press ... I was like, this movie [with serious themes teens would benefit thinking about] is about and targeted to teens, and is rated 'R?' And what was so adult about it?), but the former was a bit underwhelming. Don't get me wrong -- is was likeable and had various things going for it, including some sharp writing from the babe of the intelligent set, Tina Fey. As a whole, though, the sum wasn't quite the sum of its parts. I guess it is basically like it's star, Lindsay Lohan, a likeable sort without enough of a consistent edge. The ending especially was a bit lame.

Finally, have you ever felt like eating, but wasn't hungry? I know someone who says she is never hungry, but eats anyway. I'm not quite that way -- if I'm not hungry, I sometimes just am better off not eating. Still, it's kind of annoying -- now I don't really care, but still am hungry, even after eating. Life's tedious sometimes, isn't it?