About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Shameful Acts



The Justice Department said today that it had opened a criminal investigation into the disclosure of classified information about a secret National Security Agency program under which President Bush authorized eavesdropping on people in the United States without a court warrant. ...

The president last week denounced the leak of information about the program in strong language, saying: "My personal opinion is it was a shameful act for someone to disclose this very important program in a time of war. The fact that we're discussing this program is helping the enemy."


-- Justice Dept. Opens Inquiry Into Leak of Domestic Spying

Well, they have their priorities straight, don't they? Simply put, he thinks our constitutional traditions are impossible, rather that they help the enemy. I guess so, in a sense. They in part help him, and in various respects, he and his ilk are the enemy of our values. This is not really Godwin's Law. Ultimately, we pledge allegiance not to dirt or even people, but for what something "stands" for.

It doesn't stand for much of what he and others of his ilk promote. I am annoyed, ever so much, when the likes of Mike Malloy (Air America) and others rant and rave to the degree that they think Bush et. al. are the spawns of Satan. It's like they think one must be in the state of the Jets offensive line to be a bad football team. No, a lot less is required. And, it's there.

Anyway, when he speaks of "shame," all I have to say is "shut the f-up." By now, I don't really know if he really knows what that means. Such is my gut reaction. One can insert various amounts of nuance, and since I read that last book, you know I have it in spades. But, just think of Valerie Plame or any number of selective leaks from top unnamed sources of classified information quite "important" too. We are all imperfect beings ... some just are a bit too much for my tastes. For what my opinion is worth, etc.

Go Giants. Let's not end the year badly, hmm?