About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Blondes (Blonds?)

And Also: It is "President's Day," even if the focus is on Washington and Lincoln. I have cited his Cooper Union speech in the past (love that Sam Waterson performance of it), but in a few words here, also talk about another one that highlights his concern for labor and education. [Update: iCarly was bland again. Sigh.]


Lucy: I did it because YOU talked me into it!

Simon: Oh yeah? Well, you were smart to listen, because it looks great. With blonde hair, you can be a whole new you. A you who doesn't care what other people think, a you who has more fun.

Lucy: I'm not having any fun!

Simon: Well, maybe that's because you're still in a brunette mindset!


-- 7th Heaven ("Dangerous Liaisons")

Lot's of 7th Heaven, especially with a mini-marathon yesterday. Like that "brunette mindset" quote! Reminds me of another, found in the more lame book version of the below book/film/musical:
True blondes, whether natural or not, could be identified by their inner light of buoyant, charmed confidence.

-- Amanda Brown, Legally Blonde

Notice the spelling, which did make me curious with spell checks always finding it improper; we learn here that "blond" is the masculine form, which means I'm a "brunet." Notice any redheads lately (at least natural ones)? No? Not too surprising.