About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Vera Farmiga



I was impressed with her work in Never Forever and her first directorial effort dealing with religious faith etc. looks very promising.  Good interview -- I concur on Anne of Green Gables!  This is why she cites Anne as her favorite fictional heroine:
For her enthusiasm, her self-acceptance and distinguished self image, her whimsy, the joy she spreads, the way she uses her words, her expression, her big ideas and her big words. “I’m not a bit changed–not really. I’m only just pruned down and branched out. The real me, back here, is just the same.” For “There’s such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I’m such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn’t be half so interesting.” And for her phrase “kindred spirits”.
Put aside the personal commentary at the end and I don't know who my "favorite" is (find that hard to answer too), but the spirit is right.  As to her favorite food, must taste Marmite some day.