About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Comics Encourage Classical Education

The way to be introduced to classic literature -- comic strips. I downloaded this work (it translates to just over 50 pdf pages) and will put it on the reading list along with Demian, a work by Herman Hesse (which I'm sure Rat will dismiss just as well), the library copy reserved having an introduction by the author of the former work!

I would also have little reason to note the latter work -- German literature is generally not my thing though I'm about to read Guilt, a sequel to Crime, both a collection of short stories by a present day German defense attorney.  The book popped up in Eloise's Lover (summary of book), a good movie that I came across my chance.   The film had a good moment when said lover noted that she "hated" Eloise because falling in love with her was quite hard and rather scary -- shades of Moonstruck, where the mother was sorry her daughter truly fell in love with Nicholas Cage (pre-conspiracy thriller) since that makes things so much harder.

No telling if I will like either, but if nothing else, both are short.