About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, November 22, 2019

Friends: Season Six

I needed some comfort food, but my DVD set was not at the library as noted on my record so I went to the Lincoln Center library since multiple copies were supposed to be there. Last time I went to a library with one copy, it wasn't there. It was there and it's a nice library with a collection of various things such as movies on videotape. I vaguely remember years back (not in the same building) going there to borrow records, when I still had access to what old people call a "record player." The branch is also far off the street past a wishing type pond.

I noted before that the show went downhill around this season, partially after seeing some late season episodes with Bruce Willis (who was doing a movie with Matthew Perry) and the final appearance of Tom Selleck. But, noting another earlier season had weaker late episodes too, there is some good stuff here including the "what could have been" two-parter. A few stupid "it's necessary for the plot" points aside, it is still a good season. Unami!

Okay. So, the last few episodes are focused on Ross' student girlfriend and her dad (played by Bruce Willis; the guys love Die Hard, but don't reference this look-a-like) dating Rachel as well as the lead-up to the proposal. The first part is okay, the second set up in a cute way, but the whole Richard drama in the end didn't do it for me. And, Joey -- who earlier had a hard time spending an extra $400 for a new frig -- buying a $20K boat is just stupid. They use it once later and then in passing say he sold it. It's one of those signs the show is stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!