About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

NFL Championship Weekend [KC Wins; Reality Bites]

After Clemson finally lost, in part thanks to a rather remarkable TD in the closing seconds of the First Half, we are left with three football games plus the Pro Bowl. As a preliminary matter, it isn't really Kansas City's fault that the Texans made a stupid gamble (and lost) and then followed up with a horrible oopsie on the next kickoff (24-7 became 24-21 fast). And, then the Texans (24 points in under twenty minutes) just stopped scoring (seven points rest of game). But, what a horrible way to lose/win. Anyway, if my team isn't involved, I'm naturally for the underdogs. So, darn I hope the Titans win. I'm more agnostic on the night game. Guess the 49ers since they are the newbie. Pre-games comments. Now for the recap.

Titans, repeatedly helped by KC penalties, matched KC in First Half until repeatedly unable to stop on third down on the final drive and then a clinching "stop him, you assholes!" run by Mahomes. 21-17, same four point advantage as last week if a tad differently earned. Stalemate 3Q. Sealed it in 4Q & I don't want to see the Super Bowl. Hey, fandom isn't totally rational, plus just don't care much about the other teams (SF crushed Packers 27-0 in First Half; lost 37-20) and KC winning would annoy me. Still the Pro Bowl, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!