About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, June 12, 2020

Gave Blood

For weeks now, I have received multiple requests to give blood, but have no desire to go down Manhattan (wearing a mask the whole way) on the subway. So, it was appreciated the NY Blood Center finally had a mobile blood drive within walking distance, if in an out of the way spot. I had to wait outside in the hot sun for five or ten minutes [temp check] & wear my mask inside (at the health check, used the tongue thermometer so took it down though they used a forehead one at the door and eat my snacks; no blood pressure test perhaps a response to the times). As it has been for decades, easy peasy really.

At times, apparently my veins are not the best, they have had issues drawing but seems lately it has been easier. Better needle, I believe. Also, at times, including today, they were not really friendly at some point, here at the main blood draw. You go back to the chairs and it's "okay ... can I sit down now?" Simple polite with a smile okay would be nice. Usually, they are more friendly engaging. Such as asking your name and often telling theirs. Here, came off a rude, including simply asking if the info on the receipt was correct. Simple courtesy helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!