About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, July 19, 2020

MLB Returns

Collin McHugh (a podcaster) and his wife Ashley Buzzy McHugh (more of a Twitter presence) pop up in social media and I continue to keep an eye of them after CM had something of a cup of coffee with the Mets. They both come off as smart and cool people. McHugh had injury issues and opted just to sit out the shortened season especially since he would start on the DL. A few others opted out more for pandemic reasons.

MLB will start its season this week and a quickie "summer training" is taking place now. For instance, the Mets/Yanks had games yesterday and today. I caught some of the replay of Saturday's game -- Gary was in a separate box than Keith and Ron [for whatever reason, we didn't see them, at least from what I saw of the game]. No fans in the stands etc. Since it is not like I have so much more to do, probably will watch some games. But, my heart isn't really in it. I think skipping the season would have made sense though I know why they didn't.

Well, at least we are moving from replaying playoff games and such. They started with replaying the wins in 2019. I still think (what do I know? I think the universal DH is stupid and at least two local METS reporters like it) they should have replayed other seasons, including the losses. People wanted to see baseball and G/K/R calling video games would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!