About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Other Americans

The holidays continue with Boxing Day (12/6) and Kwanzaa, which is sort of a secular African culture friendly Hanukkah with a menorah of its own. Among the holiday films I watched parts of, I basically watched all of the Katherine Hepburn (very good) and Cary Grant (also matched up in the slapstick Bringing Up Baby) film Holiday, which takes place around this time, but the title refers to Grant's desire to take a "holiday" to figure out things.

A cultural mix is found in the mystery The Other Americans, a mystery told from many points of view by Laila Lalami. I figured a plot twist early on, but overall, I enjoyed the book by the author of a recent non-fiction book about the experience of immigrants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!