About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

TV Update

I finished the first complete swing thru Friends DVDs last May, buying the last set since the NYPL was closed (also the first earlier since they don't have it). Now there is a later version out there with a bit more material. I'm on the second run now. Skipping more, but still enjoying it, both on a comfort level but at times still laughing or being touched.

Again, I think the last two seasons could have been one, and the Joey "marries" Rachel subplot was forced (also to expand the double episode to end the 8th season -- which I just watched -- they tossed in a "who cares" subplot involving Phoebe). If not as bad as the Rachel likes Joey subplot to fill space later. In a later 8th season episode, Phoebe reads tea leaves that she will find her true love. This happens (with a fairly boring person, which sorta fits her character wanting realiability, but is boring) in the 9th season.

The Sven movie was Gargoyles. The first hour or so was pretty good (it was actually a t.v. movie), but found the last third sorta lame. Today is also the Oscars, which when I used to steadily go to the movies, was something I often enjoyed. Haven't really cared for some time. The film (Little Women) I managed to watch last year before the Big V actually won something. This year? I am at best familiar with some of the movies. I'm sorta curious about Minari. Jon Batiste of Colbert [did] win for his soundtrack work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!