About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Health Check

Had my annual check-up, which is basically blood work and a bit of "well you look good" (the body exam is rather limited; I also just gave blood, so my blood was recently tested). The results apparently match the accepted ranges.

The last two times also had some other special additions. This year, it was time for the shingles vaccine, which turns out to be a two step process (so need to get a second shot in two to six months). I had a minor case of chicken pox as a child; don't want problems as an adult. I'm all boosted COVID-wise.

Last year: colonoscopy, which was the first time (that I'm aware of) I was put under. The whole thing went smoothly enough with even the pre-procedure "cleansing" not too bad. No problems after; probably could have walked home though they didn't want me too. People who need to deal with doctors and procedures continually find this a big f-ing pain. As a one shot, it was pretty fun.

I have been generally lucky health wise, though don't think I'm in great shape or anything. Had a few moments, including somehow putting my fist thru a window as a child (still have a scar), but no broken bones or anything. Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!