About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Creature With The Atomic Brain (and Muppets)

I am having problems with books (Hannah Arendt is more interesting at the moment to read about than to actually read), but did enjoy a couple films.

This week's Svengoolie (the bits related to the film was taped during COVID hibernation though the "stuff from viewers" segment seems recent) was one I saw before. But, it still was a painless (including pacing) silly sci-fi film. As is often the case in these low budget jobs, the action finale was a bit weak. The closing bit was sorta cute though.

The other film was on DVD (good commentary from the director), The Muppet Christmas Carol. This too overall was good (including the acting, songs) though I think the finale song was a bit too long. I saw (and recall enjoying overall) the Treasure Island one. I do not remember seeing this one. Michael Caine is Scrooge; Gonzo is Charles Dickens. A film about Dickens and Christmas itself? Couldn't get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!