About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, March 03, 2019

Sen. Biaggi Budget Event

I simply have not paid much attention to local government, which is on me but also because there was no real neighborhood invitation to do so. For instance, where are the flyers or notices of local meetings or meet-ups with members of the city council or state legislature? I think safe seats hurts the situation more so. Two upsets involving my own district offers a chance for me to pay more attention. Sen. Biaggi noting the below event was new underlines my point here on both fronts.

I went to an event at Manhattan College (which is now in the Bronx) where twenty seven speakers (I briefly took notes) told state Sen. Biaggi (who upset Jeff Klein, who led the "independent Democrats" who caucused with Republicans) talked about their concerns. Multiple union representatives supported a tax break to promote tv/film. Multiple people had some sort of connection to religious groups. Most represented some group but each as a whole did a good job promoting their causes. It was an educational exercise in civics though one media representative was a tad more negative (including saying Biaggi, basically as a newbie, will bring in a lot less money than her predecessor).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!