About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, December 08, 2019

Impeachment Update

Early this year, I was concerned the Dems were slow-walking or even bad mouthing (don't gaslight me, ma'am) impeachment, but now there is talk (even from Chris Hayes! though he admits it's sorta a no win) of them "rushing" it. I shake my head when I'm not hitting in on the desk. I fear the impeachment grounds will not be detailed enough (we have media threats such as this that are what, also rans?). But, the latest thing threatens the 2020 elections and having a trial in the middle of the primary season seems dubious.

The House Judiciary Committee Staff put out a helpful fifty or so page guide to impeachment. The House Judiciary Committee put out a 300 page report on the Ukraine Extortion Racket investigation with a helpful summary. Comments I have seen about the process in the Judiciary vaguely speaks of other investigations. Well, there are multiple ones. The guide itself brings up emoluments in general as a constitutional concern as well as abuse of the pardon power. Judiciary, which has open-ended power here (cf. intelligence with more limited concerns), needs to at least cover in some fashion all the ground here.

We have a "non-publican" [the label fits but dubious on the details there] occupant and at least need to use existing means to address him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!