About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Virus Update

Keeping mainly at home, helped by various things shutdown, I find it hard to do much more than spend a lot of time online and perhaps watch comfort television. It might not be just that, but other than a quickie Bob Newhart autobiography, the last couple weeks was a bunch of failures trying to get into books. I'm starting an interesting one on the 25A by a key "founder," but even that is taking a long time to get a bite into. Others with more structure (kids, structured work from home etc.) might be doing better. When I get my check as part of the stimulus, maybe that will help. This also seems right, more or less. But still.

As to my health, I seem okay, though have off and on a sore throat. No fever, cough or other such symptoms. But, maybe, I have a mild case. Who knows. I see that New York has postponed the presidential primary until the state primary in late June. Did get a text asking for support from Sanders. The next primary is now Wisconsin on April 7th. Puerto Rico and Ohio are the other of some note. Thinking that end of March opening date for NYPL is doubtful ("until further notice") on the website. MLB Opening Day passed. Saw a reference about a summer return but then saw "by late May." Seem optimistic. Don't try to stuff too much in there. Biggest concern should be support personnel.

It's crazy and I respect the difficulties in handling it though Trump has a lot to answer for there, including his usual craziness and basically criminal behavior. OTOH, I live in a state where leadership exists, which is good given the range of the problem here. Contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!