About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, September 13, 2020

History/Mary Ziegler Books

First off, I like the "legacy" blogger and repeatedly had issues coding in the new style.

I recently added a teaching website [a relative is a high school teacher and labels me "Joe" and "a historian" -- ha ha; well, I do have a BA in History and decades of self-learning ... I think it's fair] to the blogroll since I'm helping with the content -- the word finds and summaries. It is interesting, shall we say, condensing some terms into one line and topics into two pages. Also, some of the world history stuff is fairly new to me. I somehow (almost; hard not to toss in a comment about alleged racism) wrote something fairly neutral on the Trump.

Mary Ziegler wrote three books on abortion with the first probably the best about the decade or so after Roe, where there seemed to be room for some middle ground ("pro-family" as a legitimate label). Her latest seems more repetitive and not even covering some of that ground though a history (the "law" subtitle really covers that ground too) since Roe. The middle book explains how abortion overlap with other issues. I might have looked at it but don't remember it. She ends on a pessimistic note regarding the divide in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!