About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Odds and Ends

Book: Years back, I read the book and saw the film (at least one; I recall the leads of the film and a couple scenes of the story) version of Monsignor Quixote. A later work of Graham Greene, it is an amusing and somewhat bittersweet homage to the classical work. I enjoyed the re-reading (I recall the cover too; believe I once had the book).

Champ Biden: The older German Shephard of President Biden, obtained as a sort of victory when he became vice president, Champ Biden has died at thirteen. The President had a touching tweet about it, including a bit about who he will miss him. The leader of Taiwan and many other dog lovers gave their condolences.

Also: Alicia Witt has a good new music video. She has some good ones. When doing certain announcements, Jen Psaki is the "White House Spokesperson" and not the "Press Secretary." Didn't get into this week's Svengoolie. And, a preview: yes, let's not speak of this SCOTUS term as TOO satisfactory. A sort of chill wind blows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!