About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Some Books

Leaving the local supermarket, I recently saw a bin with a bunch of books outside. One was various works of Nella Larsen. I wrote about a novella that is part of the book, but could not get into the book this time. This has happened a few times with books I have read. Housekeeping was particularly hard going. Just so much color possible.

Another is a book I read some years back -- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, which was made into a pretty good film version with various good choices for the characters. An old lady in the 1980s talks to a younger woman about life in Whistle Stop, Alabama back in the day. And, we hear tell of the lives of the characters over the years. I enjoyed reading it again; I remember much of it, but a few parts I did not.

There were lots of young adult books in the mix and took one with charming title, Getting Revenge On Lauren Wood. It was decent enough, but yeah, a counsellor wrote the thing. Soon enough, since the person is good, she feels guilty about things. Spoiler alert, even if she grew to be upset about it, she did get revenge on the girl who betrayed her in eight grade. Too bad she wasn't allowed to enjoy it. Well, it was a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!