About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Sunday on Wednesday

Football: Pro Bowl (in Las Vegas). I saw a little bit, including the end. Not that exciting; rather lax blocking. Looked to be a mismatch, but got closer near the end with the new Pats QB going for 4th and Short at the two minute warning to ice the win. They tried a thing where you don't kickoff, but go for 4th/15 at your own 25. No one completed it. Might work.

Film: Lilies of the Field was on TCM. Nice little movie with Sidney Poitier based on a novella (it's in the library; will check it out). I saw it in the past. It's an example of do a religious themed movie right. The theme is there (along with other stuff, since it's also about a black man fulfiling a dream in the early 1960s) but not done in a lame way.

Television: I checked out Celebrity Wheel of Fortune again. The two episodes I saw was pretty fun. Vanna White looks pretty good after all these years too. She is in her 60s. I also liked the beginning of a new Hallmark mystery movie. These are often a bit cheesy, but Julie Gonzalo (who I like in more than one non-mystery) and company at least started well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!