About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Early Voting

The "first Tuesday after the first Monday" (something to do with the Sabbath, but sort of obsolete now) deal means Election Day is later this year. More time to dwell on what is at stake and how easy it is to believe the result will make things worse. How much? To be determined. People want "change" someone told me. Empty without content.

Early voting began in New York City so I went to get my sticker and free stylus pen. A range of state and federal races, plus the "what is the point, we don't know these people" judges. Wrote in a couple as a protest. And, a few ballot questions.

The state bond measure is large enough to make the vote sensible, I guess. The city ones are worthwhile to get public input. But, many of these things really should be left to our representatives. Heck, I think voting for comptroller is iffy. Attorney general is tricky given the breadth of power and the value of having the people indepedently vote for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!