About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Garland/Scalia

I flagged when repeat Supreme Court short lister Merrick Garland became Chief Judge of the D.C. Circuit and his term just ran out and another short lister will take his place. I still think he would have been a very good Supreme Court justice. Plus was a good Obama choice. Scalia dying four years ago went a bit South, huh? Turned out okay for his friend.

Buckley Jr. has been gone for over a decade -- was it really that long? His debate with James Baldwin (need to read more of him) is the subject of a very good book The Fire Is Upon Us. I would link to the author's website but for some reason my virus software doesn't like it. Anyway, Baldwin repeatedly seems to be talking about our times including underlining problems and Buckley Jr. in the long run sort of won the long game, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!