About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Friday, January 22, 2021

Odds and Ends

Today is the 48th anniversary of Roe v Wade and there is a lot of abortion related content on this blog. I don't agree with all he says, but one author in particular continues to write very helpfully about the insurrection provision of the 14A on at least three blogs.

I added to the side panel, including The Jane Austen Society, which is a good fictionalized account of a group setting up a memorial shortly after World War II. Their stories conveniently overlaps with various characters. One complaint is that the book only deals with her six "official" novels, not her other writings. I tried to start reading the gigantic new Sylvia Plath biography. I do want to read more about her, but knew a 1000 or so page tome was unrealistic. Plus, did not start well in my opinion, including what seems to be somewhat dubious assumptions. Will try to read more of her poetry.

The film is A Brief Encounter, my DVD having an interesting (if a bit dry) commentary. It was amusing when he referenced something the writer of the play said that included "fuck" something. Wonderful film. Need to see a bit more of the actress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!