About Me

My photo
This blog is the work of an educated civilian, not of an expert in the fields discussed.

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Books: Shara Wheeler and Selma Blair

I have more "fails" with books these days with so much reading online and other issues. Still, some books have some good things going for them, even if I cannot get into them or read the whole thing. Skimming or read part of them can be worthwhile.

I first saw I Kissed Shara Wheeler (at first, Shara Wheeler kissed her!) as a NYT book review. (BTW, the Republican lieutenant governor candidate is openly a lesbian.) I did not want to read over 300 pages of this "your classmates are a bit more complex than you think" gay friendly novel. But, it has various charms. Many should like it.

Mean Baby is a Selma Blair [her actual first two names] autobiography. Selma Blair's over 300 page book is also one I did not want to read straight thru. But, again, there is some good stuff in there about a complicated, and sometimes hard life (up to and including her current MS). Again, many very well should check this book out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your .02!